• If you are not a Canadian citizen, you cannot sponsor if you live outside Canada. You must live in Canada at the time you submit a sponsorship.
  • If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own from outside Canada. You must reside in Canada when the family member you sponsor becomes a permanent resident.
If I reside outside Canada, can I sponsor a relative or family member